Quick Summary : In this blog we have mentioned the following points:-
- NestJS vs loopback4.
- What is loopback4?
- Features of NestJS and loopback4
Table of Contents
NestJS vs Loopback4 | A Brief Comparison
What is NestJS ?
What is Loopback4 ?
Difference Between Loopback4 & Nest.JS
The main difference is the Framework as NestJS is a full-stack Node framework whereas loopback4 is a microframework. NestJs is capable and used easily, whereas loopback4 is used in the need of REST, API, swagger and database. They are both open-source frameworks.
In terms of popularity, both are equally popular among the developers and in differing tech communities. Here are main differences :
Overall Performance :
- The core requirement of any good framework is its performance. Among the developers NestJS is very popular and loopback4 has won the award of being the most innovative framework.The loopback4 benchmark scales how rapidly we can create new records and pick out the data.
- Loopback fetched data on average of 4,569 requests per second. For creating a new record, it took 348 requests per second.
- The ability of a web app to handle the increasing number of concurrent users is known as its scalability. Thanks to its application architecture, NestJS is scalable for large apps.
- Due to Nest.JS the developers can develop the easily maintainable, highly testable and generally coupled apps. The scalability of the Nest.JS, increases for the larger apps due to the use of HTTP server frameworks like express.
- For building the complicated Node.JS apps, Loopback is quite scalable as well. Nest.JS resolves the major problem with the loosely coupled apps. Various parts have to work together perfectly, without knowing much about each other, to present patterns that aid in problem solving.
- Loopback4 gives authority to the software engineers. It allows problem solving, developers can bring in more capabilities without cutting the core function of the app.
- With LoopBack a set of actions can be composed into meaningful flow. The example includes constructing an effective pipeline for handling the requests and responses.
- Build on the express framework and typescript usage makes LoopBack very climbable for app building with much flexibility, composability and extensibility.
Features of Loopback4
Loopback4 has some of the best and inspiring features that why it is loved by developers. Some of them are:-
- An open-source framework.
- Supports TypeScript and embraces OpenAPI specifications, GraphQL.
- With the help of its powerful Command Line Interfaces, LoopBack can quickly develop dynamic end-to-end REST APIs.
- Allows the use of Angular js, iOS SDKs and Android to create client-side apps.
- The authentication and authorization setups are easy, role-based access controls, user models with out of the box browser support, and API Explorer Model.
- Connects easily to the backend data stores such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle and MongoDB.
Features of Nest.JS
The fame of Nest.JS is because of its brilliant features that have thrived in the tech community by storm.Some of the core features of Nest.JS includes:-
- Magnifies the productivity and soars the development time due to its amazing and strong command line interface.
- The documentation is great and persistently maintained.
- Open-source Framework.
- Easy unit testing.
- Maintained and developed codebases actively.
- In the documentation there is a separate section for the microservice-type applications built with Nest.JS.
It is always hard to compare two amazing and very creative technologies together. The major difference between these two platforms lies in their difference of use by the developers. loopback4 is used for the Creation of dynamic end-to-end REST APIs. Why so many developers choose LoopBack is because this can be done with the least or no coding at all. You can build on top of your existing services and data, connect to the various data sources and write the business logic in Node.JS and more. In contrast Nest.JS is not designed to work on APIs, but works on the server-side applications. loopback4 is categorized as a Microframework back-end interface, Nest.JS is grouped in the category of full stack framework.
You may also like our previous articles :